The Plan | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• How to do market research for your medical aesthetics practice.
• Who is your client?
• What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
• How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
• Should you work with a consultant?
• How to obtain capital for your business.
The Build | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• How to create a profitable floorplan.
• How to design a profitable retail area.
• What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
• Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
• How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your business’ specific needs?
The Launch | Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
• Marketing and cross-marketing
• How to form lucrative partnerships
• How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
• Is advertising worth it?
• How to build momentum within your business
The Books | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• What is the best corporate structure for your business?
• Best accounting practices
• Common tax write-offs/deductions
• Software must-haves
• Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
• Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
The Team | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• Hiring right
• Commission structures and plans
• Growth opportunities for team members
• Strengths-based hiring
• Employee retention
• Investing in education and your team
• Incentivizing your team
The Long-term | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• How to build on initial success
• How to hold strategic planning
• Goal-setting strategies
• Setting measures for success
The Infrastructure | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• Working with vendors who will work with you
• What to look for in education and marketing support
• How to look for a new product line
• When to buy vs. when to lease
The Law | Alex Thiersch, AmSpa; Michael Byrd and Brad Adatto, ByrdAdatto
• Overview of Texas rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
• Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
• Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
• The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
The Law—HIPAA | Alex Thiersch, AmSpa; Michael Byrd and Brad Adatto, Byrd Adatto
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
The Lessons | Louis Frisina
Learn the 25 habits of highly successful medical aesthetic practices and medical spas from the pioneer of Restylane.