How to Successfully Open a Medical Spa or Provide Medical Aesthetic Services in Your Practice
September 19-20, 2016 |
8 am - 5 pm
San Jose, CA
AmSpa is thrilled to announce the debut of its executive-level training course! These training opportunities are two-day, can’t-miss knowledge and technique-driven seminars created for physicians and nonphysicians who are looking to provide medical aesthetic services or open a medical spa…the right way. Attendees to this intensive seminar will leave with the tools and tactics needed to successfully and legally operate a medical aesthetic facility. This course is limited to the first 40 people who sign up.
This premium-value seminar includes:
•Cutting-edge, executive workshop on operations, marketing, laws, medical spa planning and more!
•Handbook and flash drive on how to open a medical spa.
•Enduring material certified for 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME CreditsTM
•Breakfast and Lunch (both days), and Monday reception
Only $895 for AmSpa Members -- $995 for nonmembers -- $850 for additional staff: $850
Click to register
Final Agenda for AmSpa Northern California Executive Level Training
The Plan | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• How to do market research for your medical aesthetics practice.
• Who is your client?
• What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
• How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
• Should you work with a consultant?
• How to obtain capital for your business.
The Build | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
•How to create a profitable floorplan.
•How to design a profitable retail area.
•What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
•Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
•How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your business’ specific needs?
The Team | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
•Commission structures and plans
•Growth opportunities for team members
•Investing in education and your team
•Incentivizing your team
The Books | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• What is the best corporate structure for your business?
• Best accounting practices
• Common tax write-offs/deductions
• Software must-haves
• Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
• Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
The Launch | Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
• Marketing and cross-marketing
• How to form lucrative partnerships
• How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
• Is advertising worth it?
• How to build momentum within your business
The Law—HIPAA | Alex Thiersch, JD, AmSpa
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
The Law | Alex Thiersch, JD, AmSpa
• Overview of Northwestern rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
• Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
• Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
• The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
Q&A with representatives from the California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
The Infrastructure | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• Working with vendors who will work with you
• What to look for in education and marketing support
• How to look for a new product line
• When to buy vs. when to lease
The Long-term | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
•How to build on initial success
•How to hold strategic planning
•Setting measures for success
The Lessons | Louis Frisina
Learn the 25 habits of highly successful medical aesthetic practices and medical spas from the pioneer of Restylane.
Hyatt Place San Jose Downtown
282 Almaden Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95113