How to Successfully Open a Medical Spa or Provide Medical Aesthetic Services in Your Practice—Florida
Executive-level training courses are two-day, can’t-miss knowledge and technique-driven seminars created for physicians and nonphysicians who are looking to provide medical aesthetic services or open a medical spa…the right way. Attendees to this intensive seminar will leave with the tools and tactics needed to successfully and legally operate a medical aesthetic facility. This course is limited to the first 40 people who sign up.
Monday, March 14 - Tuesday, March 15, 2016
8 am - 5 pm PST
Hilton West Palm Beach Airport
150 Australian Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
(Click here to make your reservation at a discounted rate at the Hilton West Palm Beach or call 800-678-4412 and mention the American Med Spa Association to receive a $229/night rate.)
Final Agenda for Florida Executive-level Training
8-8:30 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 9 am: Opening Keynote | Alex R. Thiersch, Founder, American Med Spa Association (AmSpa)
9 - 10 am: The Plan | Bryan Durocher, Founder, Durocher Enterprises
• How to do market research for your medical aesthetics practice.
• Who is your client?
• What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
• How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
• Should you work with a consultant?
• How to obtain capital for your business.
10-10:15 am: BREAK
10:15 - 11 am: The Build | Bryan Durocher, Founder, Durocher Enterprises
• How to create a profitable floorplan.
• How to design a profitable retail area.
• What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
• Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
• How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your business’ specific needs?
11 am - 12 pm: The Team | Milan Roy, One Source HR & Risk Solutions
• Hiring right
• Commission structures and plans
• Growth opportunities for team members
• Strengths-based hiring
• Employee retention
• Investing in education and your team
• Incentivizing your team
12 - 1:15 pm: LUNCH sponsored by BTL Aesthetics
1:15 - 3 pm: The Books | Curt Rosner, CPA/ABV, CFF, Partner, EisnerAmper LLP
• What is the best corporate structure for your business?
• Best accounting practices
• Common tax write-offs/deductions
• Software must-haves
• Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
• Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
3 - 3:30 pm: BREAK
3:30 - 5 pm: The Launch | Speaker: Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
• Marketing and cross-marketing
• How to form lucrative partnerships
• How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
• Is advertising worth it?
• How to build momentum within your business
5 - 7 pm: Cocktail Reception
8-8:30 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 9 am: Opening Keynote | Speaker TBD
9 - 10 am: The Law—OSHA and HIPAA | Jeff Cohen and Jacqueline Bain, The Florida Health Care Law Firm; Alex R. Thiersch, Founder, AmSpa
OSHA compliance in a medical aesthetics practice.
• 5 steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
• 7 common areas where OSHA will get you.
• What you should do should your OSHA surveyor pay you a visit.
• How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained, and what must be kept ongoing.
HIPAA and its application within a medical aesthetic practice
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
10 - 10:15 am: BREAK
10:15 am - 12:15 pm: The Law| Jeff Cohen and Jacqueline Bain, The Florida Health Care Law Firm; Alex R. Thiersch, Founder, AmSpa
• Overview of Florida rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
• Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
• Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
• The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
12:15 - 1:30 pm: LUNCH sponsored by Environ Skin Care/DermaConcepts
1:30 - 2:30 pm: The Infrastructure | Terri Wojak, True U Education, and Candace Noonan, Environ Skin Care/Dermaconcepts
• Working with vendors who will work with you
• What to look for in education and marketing support
• How to look for a new product line
• When to buy vs. when to lease
2:30 - 2:45 pm: BREAK
2:45 - 3:45 pm: The Long-term | Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• How to build on initial success
• How to hold strategic planning
• Goal-setting strategies
• Setting measures for success
3:45 - 5 pm: Closing: The Lessons | Louis Frisina
Learn the 25 habits of highly success medical aesthetic practices and medical spas.
Please make your ticket selection and complete the form below. Once you complete your registration, please register any additional attendees or move forward to the submit payment page.
Payment can be submitted online via credit card.
Click here to make your reservation at a discounted rate at the Hilton West Palm Beach or call 800-678-4412 and mention the American Med Spa Association to receive a $229/night rate.
Thank you for your registration!
*All attendees will receive the CME monograph Risk Management for the Practicing Physician from OJM Group, an enduring material certified nationally for 5.5 category 1 CME hours.