Does Facebook advertising work? Absolutely. Does it take time and effort? Yes. Is Facebook too expensive for your small business? Definitely not. Facebook advertising for medical spas can be a very efficient marketing channel to find new patients and connect with existing patients. The key is to understand your business goals and your target audience.
Your competitors are reaching their customers on Facebook, so ignoring this lucrative platform is no longer an option. Seventy-four percent of Facebook users are logging in and browsing their newsfeed on a daily basis. Facebook Ads reach users on Instagram, where users are 58 times more likely to engage with branded content.
How Do I Start Advertising for My Medical Spa on Facebook?
It all starts in the Facebook Ads Manager. Ads Manager is a tool that allows you to create Facebook ads for your medical spa, conduct audience research, set up tracking and see performance.
At the campaign level, you can choose the campaign type (i.e. an auction), choose the objective (i.e. lead generation) and control budgets. For a medical spa, create a campaign that drives lead form submissions to actively reach out to potential customers.
Where Do I Choose My Target Audience?
At the ad set level, you can control ad targeting and the type of Facebook Ads that will be created—dynamic or static. Facebook offers five ways to target users: Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences, Behavior, Interest and Demographic.
- Custom Audiences re-target users who have previously engaged with a part of your business. For example, you may re-target users who viewed your services but didn’t book an appointment.
- Lookalike Audiences helps reach new people who are likely to be interested in your medical spa website because they're similar to your existing customers. For example, you may create an audience that looks like users who have booked an appointment on your site.
- Behavior targeting allows you to target users that have sent certain signals to Facebook about their behaviors. For example, you may target users who have recently or frequently purchase cosmetics.
- Interest targeting allows you to target users based on their Facebook interests. For example, you may target users who have indicated they are interested in plastic surgery.
- Demographic targeting is a broad way to reach patients by only indicating a user’s age, gender and location. Demographic targeting can be most effective when layered on top of the other targeting.
How Do I Know What Ads to Create?
At the ad level, you can upload photos and videos, crop for placements and create ad copy messaging. There are many interpretations of what a successful Facebook ad for medical spas looks like, but there are a few key points that everyone can agree on.
- Tailor your ads to your audience and make the ad copy relevant. If you are targeting users who landed on a services page but didn’t book an appointment, tailor your ad copy to call out to “booking an appointment.”
- Create engaging ad copy that entices a user to pay attention, whether that be an offer or a catchy call-to-action—you need to grab their attention immediately.
- Facebook allows images and videos, but ensure that you are following the correct specifications per placement. Facebook will automatically crop media for different placements; this can cause your image/video to be cut off.
- Be patient and allow each ad time to gather data. You want to make informed decisions about what creative is driving business goals.
How Do I Start Tracking Users Interacting with My Ads?
The Facebook Pixel offers two very important functions: It is used for tracking users' behavior on the site, and it is used to create custom targeting audiences. Tagging different areas on the site can help to understand users’ behaviors. Once you have an understanding of behavior, you can target users who are most valuable to your business. The Pixel also allows you to retarget users who have visited the site or have completed certain actions on it.
What Steps Do I Take to Start Facebook Ads?
There are a few simple steps you can take to set up Facebook Ads for your medical spa:
- Assess your business goals and ensure your Facebook campaign objective matches them. If your goal is to find new customers, you should be using the lead generation objective.
- Analyze your direct competitors and other major players in the medical spa space. To gain competitive insight, you can use the Facebook Ads Library to see all ads live for your competition.
- Determine your budget and stick to it. Optimize your creative, targeting and goals to fit with your budget.
- Choose your audience and monitor it on a consistent basis. Start with an audience you know has high intent (a custom audience) and then expand to broader targeting once you have an idea of what creative works well.
- Create ad copy and images or videos ahead of time so you can view it all together and ensure that your messaging is cohesive.
Growth99’s expertise includes website development; SEO; content creation; advertising on Facebook, Instagram and Google; catapulting lead conversion to actual sales; encouraging more Google reviews through call-to-action strategies; database utilization for organic growth boost; and reputation management.
To learn more about Facebook advertising, sign up for Growth99's webinar on September 16.