Posted By Administration,
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
| Comments (0)
By Alex R. Thiersch, JD, CEO of the American Med Spa Association (AmSpa)
Starting next Saturday, October 12, AmSpa will host its New York Medical Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camp at The New Yorker Hotel (A Wyndham Hotel). We’re extremely excited for the opportunity to help medical aesthetic professionals in the Big Apple improve their practices, and we’re looking forward to visiting New York once again. There’s still time to register for the event—just click here to sign up.
Here is a quick overview of the program:
Saturday, October 12
The Boot Camp begins at 8 a.m. with a continental breakfast, followed at 8:30 a.m. with my opening keynote. From there, we will move into the main program:
- 9 – 10:00 a.m.: The Plan, presented by Bryan Durocher (Durocher Enterprises)—What are the most effective ways to develop a business plan for your medical spa? Medical Spa Consultant Bryan Durocher discusses the ins and outs of the planning process and helps determine how long it realistically takes to open a practice.
- 10:15 – 11:15 a.m.: The Financials, presented by Bryan Durocher (Durocher Enterprises)—At the end of the day, the money you’re bringing in is the most important measure of your practice’s success. This presentation will, among other things, demonstrate how to properly develop a budget and use metrics to determine your med spa’s strengths and weaknesses.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: The Lessons, presented by Louis Frisina—Every medical spa is different, but the successful ones share several common traits. In this session, Business Strategy Consultant Louis Frisina discusses the qualities that are typically found in practices that bring in a significant amount of revenue.
- 1 – 1:45 p.m.: Medical Aesthetic Hot Topics Panel, featuring Tim Sawyer (Crystal Clear Digital Marketing), Toni Lee Roldan-Ortiz (Environ Skincare), and a representative from Galderma—This panel, moderated by yours truly, will feature a spirited discussion of the current issues and events that concern medical spa owners and operators.
- 1:45 – 3:30 p.m.: The Law, presented by Alex Thiersch (AmSpa) and Renee Coover (ByrdAdatto)—In this presentation, we’ll discuss the long-standing and emerging legal issues that every medical spa owner needs to know about. As you can imagine, there is a lot to cover here, since new concerns seem to be arising daily lately.
- 4:15 – 5 p.m.: The Treatments, presented by Terri Ross (Terri Ross Consulting)—Learn about the most profitable and popular treatments available to your practice, and find out how to best determine which treatments are right for you based on the state of your practice.
- 5 – 6 p.m.: The Digital Marketing Ecosystem, presented by Tim Sawyer (Crystal Clear Digital Marketing)—Find out how to effectively spread the word about your medical aesthetic practice and how best to determine what’s working and what’s not. Your practice’s digital presence is more important than ever before, and curating it should be a top priority.
Saturday will wrap up with a cocktail reception from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, October 13
Once again, the Boot Camp begins at 8 a.m. with a continental breakfast.
- 8:30 – 9 a.m.: Anatomy of a $5-Million Med Spa, presented by Alex Thiersch (AmSpa)—Have you ever wondered what the difference is between your medical spa and one that’s mega-successful? It might be less significant than you think. This presentation will show what a $5-million med spa is doing right—and what you might be doing wrong.
- 9 – 9:45 a.m.: The Long-term Revenue, presented by Bryan Durocher (Durocher Enterprises)—Simply being successful isn’t enough for a medical aesthetic practice; you have to know how to maintain and grow your success. In this session, Bryan will show you how to build patient loyalty and move your business forward.
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.: The Medical Spa Success Panel, featuring Alexander L. Blinski, MD, (Plump), Marria Pooya (Greenwich Medical Spa), and Alexa Nicholls Costa, NP, and Alexandra Rogers, NP (LexRx)—This exclusive panel features four of the most successful aesthetics professionals in the Northeast. I will ask them how about the innovative business strategies and techniques they used to rise to the top of the medical aesthetic industry.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: The Consultation, presented by Terri Ross (Terri Ross Consulting)—As the old saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Learn how to put your best foot forward with effective patient consultations—and how to turn them into consistent business.
- 1 – 2 p.m.: The Marketing Plan and Social Media, presented by Alexa Nicholls Costa, NP, and Alexandra Rogers, NP (LexRx)—This session will help you determine how to most effectively market your medical aesthetic practice using both traditional methods and cutting-edge techniques.
- 2 – 3 p.m.: The Team, presented by Bryan Durocher (Durocher Enterprises)—A medical spa is only as good as its personnel, so it’s important to make sure that you hire a staff that can do everything you want it to—and more. In this session, you’ll learn about recruiting, hiring and retaining employees who can make your medical spa dreams come true.
Also, you’ll have the chance to visit with a number of exceptional vendors during this event. Attend the New York Medical Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camp to check out the latest and greatest from the following companies:
We hope you can join us in New York next weekend. This Boot Camp is a tremendous opportunity to get a medical aesthetic business started off on the right foot, and learn how to take an already successful business to the next level. Click here to register!
AmSpa's Med Spa & Aesthetic Boot Camps
Business and Financials
Med Spa Law
Med Spa Ownership
Med Spa Trends