8:00-8:45 am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:45-9:15 am: Welcome | Picking the Right Partners: Pitfalls and Successes
Speaker: Karol Gutowski, MD
9:15-10:45 am Overview of Midwestern Regional Rules and Regulations Affecting the Medical Spa, Aesthetic and Laser Industries
Speakers: Alex R. Thiersch, American Med Spa Association (AmSpa)
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum—Is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Ownership: Corporate Practice of Medicine—Who can own a medical spa, and what is the best way to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation—Must a physician be present and examine every new patient? Can an initial exam be performed by Skype?
• Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can/cannot do in a medical spa.
• Noncompetition/nonsolicitation agreements: Protect your practice and earn loyal employees.
• Medical Director: Are medical director positions legal?
• Question and answer session
10:45-11 am BREAK – VISIT WITH EXHIBITORS
11- 11:30 am OSHA Compliance Within a Medical Spa
Speaker: Steve Wilder, Sorensen, Wilder & Associates
• Steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
• Common areas in which OSHA will get you.
• What you should do if an OSHA surveyor pays you a visit.
• How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained and what must be kept ongoing. Steve Wilder,
Sorensen, Wilder & Associates
11:30 am – 12 pm Keys to Building and Nurturing Your Team
Speaker: Ron Hartley, SolutionReach
Why are some offices a sought-after place to work while others deal with discontent and constant turnover of staff? The answer is revealed in a jellybean analogy. We'll help you evaluate what kind of a team environment you have created and what you can do to make necessary changes. This session will look at best practices that help build strong, effective, and cohesive teams. No matter your specialty, there are key components to a successful team-building strategy. These concepts are applicable not only in a professional context, but in all aspects of your life.
12-1 pm LUNCH AND VISIT WITH EXHIBITORS Sponsored by BTL Aesthetics
1–2 pm Spa Compensation--Pay by Performance
Speaker: Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises The wrong compensation program is the No. 1 reason why most medical spas and medical aesthetic practices are not profitable. Learn a pay structure that is fair and equitable to you and your team. Learn:
- How retail, pre-booking, series sales, and new clients need to tie to performance;
- Which compensation plans work and which ones don’t;
- How to take your team through compensation changes without a walkout; and
- What benefits are key to retention
2-2:30 pm: Internal Marketing: Leveraging Your Most Valuable Asset
Speaker: Blair Drenner, eRelevance
Internal vs External Marketing
o 80% of business of avg comes from existing clients – And it is 1/5th of the cost to get business from them vs getting new clients
o Retention, Loyalty, Nurturing
o Internal Marketing Best Practices
o Engage with your client the way THEY want to be engaged
o Best Practices of each digital marketing channel
App to connect with clients
Web Landing Pages
o Talk to your clients about the topics THEY want to talk about
o Best practices of target marketing
o Frequency of contact – How to not irritate your clients but give them enough love
2:30-3 pm HIPAA and Its Application Within a Medical Aesthetics Practice
Speaker: Alex Thiersch, AmSpa
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013—what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant.environment.
• Benefit-planning, including the use of qualified, nonqualified and fringe benefit plans to save taxes and build wealth.
3:00-3:30 BREAK – VISIT WITH EXHIBITORS
3:30-4 pm How Digital Marketing Can Help You Find, Serve and Keep More Patients ... Profitably
Speaker: Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
• How to leverage social media to engage new and existing patients.
• How to make sure that your website is actually converting visitors into paying customers.
• SEO secrets and strategies, and how you can absolutely make more money with an effective search strategy.
• Best practices of e-mail marketing, and how to increase new patients and dramatically increase your per patient revenue.
• Blogging—Why you can't afford to not do it.
• How to measure ROI with your digital marketing efforts.
• How to avoid the most common mistakes medical spas make when approaching digital marketing
• Using LinkedIn: How to increase your network and visibility; attract more clients and drive traffic to your website; and boost your personal brand while forming valuable relationships
4-5 pm 25 Habits of Successful Aesthetic Medical Practices
Speaker: Louis Frisina, industry pioneer
5-7 pm Networking Reception