The Medical Spa Boot Camp is a two-day, can't miss knowledge and business technique-driven seminar created for physicians and nonphysicians who are looking to make their existing medical aesthetic business more profitable, successful and compliant, or those looking to open a new medical spa...the right way. Attendees to these intensive seminars will leave with the tools and tactics needed to successfully and legally operate a medical aesthetic facility or medical spa.
"I opened my medical spa one year after attending AmSpa's workshop. I still have the binder on my desk within easy reach! I have found all of their recommendations including business partners, products, and best med spa practices to be right on. I just keep going back for more!"
- Nicole Norris, MD
Nicole Norris MD Medical Spa
"We never would have gotten through the quagmire of legal, insurance, compliance, planning, accounting, personnel, the list goes on... without AmSpa and Alex. We were above projections for year one and year two is off to a fierce start."
- Glori Traeder, APN, CNP,
Paige C. Holt, MD and Glori Traeder,CNP Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics
"I would highly recommend this course to any physician or surgeon starting a practice. The lessons learned are not taught in medical school and are essential to growing and maintaining a successful medical spa and
- Brandon H. Robinson, CEO/President,
Skin Body Soul
Single Attendee: $995
AmSpa Member Price: $895
Bring staff members for only $850 per additional person
Sign up by 6/10/2017 to save $75!
Tentative Agenda for AmSpa Medical Spa Boot Camp
This premium-value seminar includes:
- Cutting-edge, executive workshop on operations, marketing, laws, medical spa planning, and more!
- Handbook and flash drive with reference resources on how to open a med spa
- Enduring material certified for 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits
- Breakfast and lunch both days, and a cocktail reception on day 1
Day 1: Monday, July 10, 2017
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote | Speaker: Alex R. Thiersch, JD, AmSpa/ByrdAdatto
• Welcome and overview of current state of the medical spa industry.
9-10:30 am The Plan | SPEAKER: Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• How to do market research for your medical aesthetics practice.
• Who is your client?
• What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
• How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
• Should you work with a consultant?
• How to profitably design and lay out your space.
• Planning for the launch: timeline, events, marketing efforts, and more.
10:30-10:45 am Break: Morning Break
10:45-11:45 am The Team | SPEAKER: Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• Recruiting, interviewing and selecting the right team
• Implementing a performance-based compensation model
• Charting career paths
• Employee retention
• Investing in training and coaching
• Rewarding and recognizing your team
11:45 pm – 12:45 pm Lunch
12:45 pm – 1:30 pm Hot Topics Panel | MODERATOR: Alex R. Thiersch, JD, AmSpa/Byrd Adatto; PANELISTS: TBD, Environ/Dermaconcepts; Tim Saywer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing; TBD, Sciton
Industry experts converge on AmSpa’s Boot Camps to provide information on the hottest trends and topics in the industry.
1:30-3 pm The Financials | Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises
• Money matters: Learning how much you need, how you can get it and how can you make the most of it?
• Best accounting practices
• Common tax write-offs/deductions
• Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
• Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
3-3:30 pm Break: Afternoon Break
3:30 – 5 pm The Digital Marketing | Speaker: Tim Sawyer, Crystal Clear Digital Marketing
• The importance of social media marketing in the 21st century
• Designing an effective and profitable website
• CRM tools you need to know
• Discovering the difference between engagement and conversion
• Connecting the practice’s current people, processes and tools directly to marketing ROI
• How to grow your medical spa’s current and future patient base in today’s digital era
5 – 6 pm The Lessons | Louis Frisina
Anatomy of a successful medical spa: The 20 habits.
6 – 7:30 pm Cocktail Reception
Day 2: Tuesday, July 11, 2017
8:30-9 am Opening Keynote | Speaker: Alex R. Thiersch, JD, AmSpa/Byrd Adatto
9 am – 10:30 am The Infrastructure | SPEAKERS: Bryan Durocher, Durocher Enterprises; XX, Environ Skin Care/Dermaconcepts
• Working with vendors who will work with you
• What to look for in education and marketing support
• Equipment that leads to success. When you should buy vs. lease.
• Systems you need to succeed (software, etc.)
• Incorporating effective pre and post procedure skin care to boost ROI
• How do you figure out an actual ROI?
10:30 – 10:45 am Morning Break
10:45 – 12:30 pm The Law | Speakers: Alex R. Thiersch, JD, AmSpa/Byrd Adatto; Renee E. Coover, ByrdAdatto
• Overview of regional rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
• Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
• The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch
1:30 – 2 pm The Law—OSHA and HIPAA | Speakers: Alex R. Thiersch, JD, AmSpa/Byrd Adatto; Renee E. Coover, ByrdAdatto
HIPAA and its application within a medical aesthetic practice
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
OSHA compliance in a medical spa
• 5 steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
• 7 common areas where OSHA will get you.
• What you should do should your OSHA surveyor pay you a visit.
• How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained, and what must be kept ongoing.
2– 3:30 pm The Long-term | SPEAKER: Dori Soukup, InSPAration Management
• Keys successful principals
• Now what? Implementation process
• Steps to building a sustainable business
• Setting measures for success
• Effective growth strategies
• Expansion—legal and planning
• Gaining a competitive advantage
END OF PROGRAM