The Medical Spa Boot Camp is a two-day, can't miss knowledge and business technique-driven seminar created for physicians and nonphysicians who are looking to make their existing medical aesthetic business more profitable, successful and compliant, or those looking to open a new medical spa...the right way. Attendees to these intensive seminars will leave with the tools and tactics needed to successfully and legally operate a medical aesthetic facility or medical spa.
"I opened my medical spa one year after attending AmSpa's workshop. I still have the binder on my desk within easy reach! I have found all of their recommendations including business partners, products, and best med spa practices to be right on. I just keep going back for more!"
- Nicole Norris, MD
Nicole Norris MD Medical Spa
"We never would have gotten through the quagmire of legal, insurance, compliance, planning, accounting, personnel, the list goes on... without AmSpa and Alex. We were above projections for year one and year two is off to a fierce start."
- Glori Traeder, APN, CNP,
Paige C. Holt, MD and Glori Traeder,CNP Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics
"I would highly recommend this course to any physician or surgeon starting a practice. The lessons learned are not taught in medical school and are essential to growing and maintaining a successful medical spa and
- Brandon H. Robinson, CEO/President,
Skin Body Soul
Single Attendee: $995
AmSpa Member Price: $895
Bring staff members for only $850 per additional person
Sign up by 8/18/2017 to save $75!
Tentative Agenda for AmSpa Medical Spa Boot Camp
This premium-value seminar includes:
- Cutting-edge, executive workshop on operations, marketing, laws, medical spa planning, and more!
- Handbook and flash drive with reference resources on how to open a med spa
- Enduring material certified for 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits
- Breakfast and lunch both days, and a cocktail reception on day 1
• How to do market research for your medical aesthetics practice.
• Who is your client?
• What is the competitive landscape of and need for your services in your area?
• How to draft a business plan for a medical spa or a medical aesthetics facility.
• Should you work with a consultant?
• How to obtain capital for your business.
• How to create a profitable floorplan.
• How to design a profitable retail area.
• What is the ideal business flow for optimum guest experience and retail sales?
• Top 5 tips for a successful expansion/top 5 tips for a successful new build
• How do you find the right architect/builder/decorator to meet your business’ specific needs?
• Hiring right
• Commission structures and plans
• Growth opportunities for team members
• Strengths-based hiring
• Employee retention
• Investing in education and your team
• Incentivizing your team
• What is the best corporate structure for your business?
• Best accounting practices
• Common tax write-offs/deductions
• Software must-haves
• Managing overhead—what’s appropriate for various business sizes/structures
• Putting financial metrics and goals into place and following up on them.
• Marketing and cross-marketing
• How to form lucrative partnerships
• How to hold profitable events within a medical spa
• Is advertising worth it?
• How to build momentum within your business
The Law—OSHA and HIPAA
OSHA compliance in a medical aesthetics practice.
• 5 steps to attaining OSHA compliance.
• 7 common areas where OSHA will get you.
• What you should do should your OSHA surveyor pay you a visit.
• How to write and teach your workplace safety programs, who should be trained, and what must be kept ongoing.
HIPAA and its application within a medical aesthetic practice
• Common HIPAA liability exposures.
• HITECH Act of 2009 with expanded HIPAA privacy rules in 2013 ... what they mean to you.
• Policies and training needed to be HIPAA compliant
• Overview of Northeastern rules and regulations affecting the medical spa, medical aesthetic and laser industries
• Commissions: The fee-splitting conundrum – is it legal? Is Groupon fee-splitting?
• Current hot topic state-specific issues affecting the industry.
• Ownership: Who can own a medical spa? How best to structure a corporation?
• Medical spa supervision and delegation: Must a physician be present and examine every new patient?
• Aestheticians and laser technicians: What they can and cannot do in a medical spa.
• The laws surrounding referrals and gift cards.
• Working with vendors who will work with you
• What to look for in education and marketing support
• How to look for a new product line
• When to buy vs. when to lease
• How to build on initial success
• How to hold strategic planning
• Goal-setting strategies
• Setting measures for success
Learn the 25 habits of highly successful medical aesthetic practices and medical spas from the pioneer of Restylane.